Saying Hi

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Bond

Saying Hi

Post by Bond » Fri May 28, 2021 7:22 am

What’s up tigers!

Longtime! I came across a demo video of a f16 on YouTube. And then that lead to DCS, and I’m considering getting back into SIM flying.

How’s everyone been?

Bond

Cyborg

Re: Saying Hi

Post by Cyborg » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:03 pm

Hey Bond! Good to hear from you. We are all doing well. Still have Falcon BMS flight nights every Wed. and Saturday night. Several of the guys are doing DCS throughout the week as well. I am mainly just flying the warbirds for DCS till they finish the F-16.

We have a facebook group going too that is a lot more active than the forums. Here is a link if you want to join.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/474961589523849/

If that doesn't work just search for 16th ACCW Virtual Fighter Wing.

Hope to see you on Teamspeak!

Bond

Post by Bond » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:22 am

Finish the f-16 on dcs?

Is it worth buying now?

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Depends on who you talk to. I personally won't buy it till the majority of the systems are complete since I still play Falcon it would drive me insane having missing systems. A lot of the guys fly it in DCS and don't seem to mind though. I know for sure Laser, Mojeaux, and Sniper all fly it.

I think the F-18 is the way to go currently.
It is by far the most popular module and I think I'm the only one that doesn't like it but that's only because I despise the way it's avionics work and I go into a rage every time I try to learn it.

Silver_Hawk

Post by Silver_Hawk » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:12 pm

hi bond!
i'm geting back into flying as well. been trying to learn offline since i have a new pc and vr. im trying to fly both the16 and the 18 on dcs. have to install bms on new system.
good to see my first virtual c/o!

Bond

Post by Bond » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:10 pm

The good ole days….I remember going through training classes and all. Hard to believe it’s pushing 20 years ago? Really cool seeing some familiar faces on here. I don’t use Facebook, I’ve had some disagreements with the way that website is being ran, and chose not to. I’m going load up falcon tomorrow.

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Awesome! Let me know if you need the teamspeak info. We are currently running BMS 4.35 without the U1 update. It was causing a lot of CTD so we are waiting on U2 to update it.

BMS flights are on Wed. and Sat. at 2000 CST. We were also doing morning DCS flights on Sundays but I haven't been online for those in a while.
If you need help setting anything up let us know and we can jump in TS. Mojeaux is online most evenings doing DCS too and Widowmaker joins him frequently.

I think you are going to be surprised by how much has changed with Falcon. The graphics still aren't as good as DCS but they have added ALOT of stuff. The radio systems are the best in any simulator, IFF is working now, the campaign is as good as ever, and pretty much every declassified system on the F-16 is working.

showboat

Post by showboat » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Good to see you Bond.

showboat

Post by showboat » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:09 pm

Good to see you Bond.

Bond

Post by Bond » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:24 am

I got falcon up and running, I’m using my old cougar profile. With my old keystroke file from probably 15 years ago. Finally got my micro stick working, took me all of Sunday to figure that out.

What’s this TARGET software for Hotas programming?

Have y’all considered using discord? I know I’m old and setting my ways too, I hated it before I started using it. It’s a pretty good voice/media software.

And yes I need the teamspeak information.