DCS and Reverb G2

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Cyborg

DCS and Reverb G2

Post by Cyborg » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Getting this to work in DCS has been incredibly annoying and I'm about to just forget it till I get a new computer. Half of the time it crashes, half of the time I can only interact with part of the menu screen, and I'm getting a lot of stuttering when I finally get it to work.

I'm thinking my CPU is not nearly up to snuff to run it in VR. I've already done all the optimization settings.
It shows I'm getting 34 FPS but it feels more like 12 in the headset and is completely unplayable. I might try setting everything on low just to see if its any better after I'm not so tired of launching/crashing/relaunching/menus not working/launching/crashing/rebooting/finally getting into an aircraft.

On the plus side Half Life Alyx is absolutely amazing so at least I'm getting to use the headset for something for now.

Laser
Site Admin

Re: DCS and Reverb G2

Post by Laser » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:41 am

Cyborg,
I have a feeling that you are right.. but maybe we can get together to try and work it out..

Laser

Silver_Hawk

Post by Silver_Hawk » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:42 am

I just got the oculus quest 2 to go with my new pc. I'm hoping I won't run into any issues

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:30 pm

Let us know how you like it!
Laser helped me get the G2 up and working in DCS. I have to set everything on low because of my old system but it's still pretty amazing. As soon as I can get my hands on a Ryzen 5900 or 5950 I'm sure it will be stunning.

Silver_Hawk

Post by Silver_Hawk » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:55 am

I like it so far! VR makes it totally different I haven't tried it in multiplayer