Long time folks.

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Maggott

Long time folks.

Post by Maggott » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi folks!

Long time for sure. It's been quite a while - again - and glad I got back on. I just missed this evenings flight by an hour or so. But that may have been a good thing anyway. I still need to tweak my pit somewhat.

So I dropped off some years ago because I went deaf. Playing run-n-gun games on the XboxX really doesn't require much strategy or communications, so I ended up gravitating towards that type of playing. I did play Flacon BMS for awhile on my own, but not flying online at times seems to make it feel like it's missing something.

By October 2019 I finally got both ears implanted with hearing devices. Cochlear Implants are what they are. I was fortunate that I took to them like fish to water. My last hearing test a few weeks ago shows that I managed to recover 94% of my speech recognition ability. So it's beyond words to try and describe getting back my hearing. I'll never have normal hearing again, but what I do have is nothing less than miraculous. So I decided to get my pit back together and see if I can get back in the saddle with the 16th ACCW again.

During my "quite time" I decided to create a GA pit. I've attached a few pics to show what I did. I also attached my Viper pit. My original Cougar HOTAS has begun showing it's age. Almost 20 years. When I put it in "Emulated Button and Access" is disconnects and sometimes crashes the computer. But with the way BMS has evolved it's really no longer needed. But just in case I purchased a Warthog HOTAS and got that up and running. I'm not giving up in the Cougar though and ordered a TUSBA for the TQS. The Cougar has the NXT Gimbal mod and Cubby's HAL sensor upgrade for both the stick and TQS. So you can imagine why I don't want to give it up.

So Falcon BMS isn't your daddy's Falcon SP3. It's come a long way for sure, right? I know some of you remember the excitement around SP3 when that came out. It's great being a part of this history.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to getting back into the game. I hope to see you guys online soon.

-Maggott
GA1.jpg
GA2.jpg
F16Pit.jpg

Lurch

Re: Long time folks.

Post by Lurch » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Great talking to you last night Maggott. Wow, that is some impressive equipment you have there. You have been busy.
See ya on TS

Lurch out

Laser
Site Admin

Re: Long time folks.

Post by Laser » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:17 pm

WOW! that's very nice Maggott..

I'm glad to have you back, hope to see you in the air soon.. :-)