Weather Tool BMS

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Cyborg

Weather Tool BMS

Post by Cyborg » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:31 pm

I've been playing with this weather tool and its pretty easy to use. It downloads real weather data for the theater you select and lets falcon use it.
Download here.
https://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthre ... -Converter

Select the theater, check the boxes for clouds temp, pressure and wind, set the theater time and click download weather. Then check save sequence and save into the WeatherMapsUpdates folder in the correct theater. Take the first fmap file and put it into the base campaign folder. Start the campaign and select weather maps, check the update box and select the map you put in the campaign folder. It will use that for the first hour then update every hour after that from the maps that were saved into the WeatherMapsUpdate folder.

It can update more frequently but the forums say that it uses a lot of bandwidth so we may need to test it before doing so.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Mojeaux

Re: Weather Tool BMS

Post by Mojeaux » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Thats pretty cool Cyborg. Can't wait till I see it in play!

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:35 pm

yes, way cool.

Laser
Site Admin

Post by Laser » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:50 am

I've been wanting to try the weather in multi-play. I did test once before the flood, thought it worked well, can't wait to try it.

Android

Post by Android » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:00 am

I flew it in a TE the other day with the 72nd. The weather was pretty dang good. Gusty.....and choppy at certain altitudes but adds to that realism factor a great deal. I mean, fair weather is nice, but all the time? Nah! I like the real deal!

Datajack

Post by Datajack » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 am

Very cool we need to try this. How does it work? Is it only the host that sets the weather? Or does everyone need to download it?

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Only the host.

I'm no expert on it but I think the clients all download the weather data from the host when you initially join the campaign. Any updates that happen while in flight will come down to the clients as well which is why you can run into bandwidth issues if its set to update too frequently.

Cyborg

Post by Cyborg » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:24 pm

I started a new Korea campaign and have flown 3 missions so far with real weather. I'm really loving it! With it being winter the weather is pretty crappy in Korea right now.

The last mission it was fair at the airbase but poor conditions at the target. Its really neat having to take weather into consideration when planning and having the conditions change as you fly around the country.