Strange crashes on my puter.

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Android

Strange crashes on my puter.

Post by Android » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 am

Just read the change log for the new TIR software 5.3.0 to 5.4.0. First let me tell you the erroneous behavior of my 'puter:

It boots, I log in (Win10),I'm moussing about and suddenly one, two or all three monitors go blank, I might be able to hear everything on TeamSpeak as I also might be looking at it on the Third Monitor, but I've got no mouse, no Keyboard and my main monitor is blank. This can happen while flying Falcon or at any time during the use of my computer. Fact: Track IR starts on Windows Start. and I let it run because I forget about it. Kind of annoying that it automatically minimizes to the task bar. (that was fixed too).

Here's the Quote:

"Fixed an issue where certain NVIDIA GPUs might step down to a lower power state while the TrackIR software was active."

Here's the other quote:

"Added a toggle setting: "Automatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launch." In prior versions of the software, this behavior would always occur. "

Mojeaux

Re: Strange crashes on my puter.

Post by Mojeaux » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:19 pm

QUESTION? Did you fix by the new settings or new Nvidia drivers?

Wayc00lio

Re: Strange crashes on my puter.

Post by Wayc00lio » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:51 pm

I'm running the new software and have had no probs - however, I was having an issue with the computer freezing, but the mouse would move, but I couldn't click on anything. Not sure what that was but TIR was always running and only happened if I left my computer on for a long time, idle. I put it down to teamspeak, but it could be TIR software I guess. I'll have to look into it.