USS Wisconsin (AKA Wisky)

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Laser
Site Admin

USS Wisconsin (AKA Wisky)

Post by Laser » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:14 pm

Guys, as you all know I'm in North Carolina for two weeks of training, which means I have a whole weekend of pure Boredom..

So I decided to drive 3 and a half hours to Norfolk, Virginia and visit the Nauticus Museum. WOW The Wisky is an AWESOME ship.. To me the IOWA Class Battleship is a lot like the F4U Corsair.. I love those Curves! :)

Nauticus Museum.jpg
Nauticus Museum

Laser in front of BB64.jpg
Your's Truly in front of BB64

Bow Closeup.jpg
Closeup of that Fabulous Bow! Check out her Curves..

Bow Looking Aft.jpg
This Photo was Taken from As Far Forward As You Can Go! - Click on the photo to see full size.

Tomahawk Missile Launcher.jpg
Tomahawk Missile Launcher

Harpoon Missile Launcher.jpg
Harpoon Missile Launcher

The Tour was kind of pricy.. But well worth the money, I took two guided tours one down to the Engine Room (which take you down 7 decks into the ship) and One that took you topside through the Command Engagement Center and up to the top of the Bridge, Then there is the self guided tour which cover all outside, crews berthing and the mess decks, which is one deck below. If your ever in the area I recommend this museum it's AWESOME.

Ok I know, sorry there was not mention of aviation here, Oh wait Did I say the Wisky had a Remote Control Drone that sent video back to the ship? They used it for spotting where the BIG 16 Shells landed, then of course the guns would correct accordingly.

BTW, I'll be home sometime Friday night, hope to get in some IL-2 on Sunday. Sorry but IL-2 is the only sim I have that my poor laptop would run.

Wayc00lio

Re: USS Wisconsin (AKA Wisky)

Post by Wayc00lio » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:38 pm

Great pics there Laser. Looks like a good day out!

I hope things are improving on the home front. Hope to catch up soon buddy.

Cheers,

Coolio.

Mojeaux

Post by Mojeaux » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:42 pm

Looks like good times Laser. That must be a new museum. I was living in and around Norfolk around 1987 and they didn't have that then! Awsome pic's looks like you were not to boared!! hehe...

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:46 pm

Man, those guns are huuuugggeee

Wayc00lio

Post by Wayc00lio » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:35 pm

Are you talking about Lasers muscles Lurch?