Cougar Hall Sensor Solution Attained!

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Android

Cougar Hall Sensor Solution Attained!

Post by Android » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:10 pm

This solution was available as late as March this year as in 03/2016. I've emailed the guy and will update this post when he emails me back and I have the kit in my stick installed.

https://youtu.be/i6Ck5xhObz0 for the Stick
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCRUiKicrW0 for the throttle

Android

Re: Cougar Hall Sensor Solution Attained!

Post by Android » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:00 pm

No response yet from the purveyor of this fine system, but I'll bet he's busy trying to keep up with requests.

Bond

Post by Bond » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:07 pm

I did something similar to my cougar years ago, near when the first released the cougar. The sensors I got made the stick and throttle a lot more precise.

Unfortunately I don't remember any info on it, If I come across it i'll pass it on.

Bond

Post by Bond » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:10 pm

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/ubercub.php

that's what I did years ago. I did a google search and found it pretty fast. Didn't expect that.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:48 pm

I saw that article , but those guys are not supplying any parts or information that I can use to obtain my own parts to create it. The guy I have seems to be the latest person making mods available for the Cougar. New Pots are not an option and HAll Sensors are the only way to go. I've found Hall Sensors that have similar characteristics physically to the pots that are in here, but I'm not sure how to make them work. What's more is I don't know how to match them up electro-mechanically. So this guy's solution is the one I'm going with.

Android

Post by Android » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:49 pm

I did get a reply from this guy Miles D and he's currently in the middle of his next production run; of which I hope to score a set for Throttle and stick.

Bond

Post by Bond » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 pm

cool once you get them let me know how it works out, I remember having to solder on the main board of the cougar stick to install mine. which was daunting. I do A/C work for a living and I'm used to acetylene and oxygen, but had no experience at the time with low heat solder iron. It worked out well for me, but I remember sweating from just being nervous about f'in up my cougar main board. Hopefully mine last a life time.

Bond