Whats up Tigers!

Sorry but Unregistered Guests can read this forum if you want to post you must register. Thank You for your interest in the 16th ACCW.
Bond

Whats up Tigers!

Post by Bond » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Hey guys,

Hell of long time! I don't know why but I got the itch to load up Falcon again, and I noticed that BMS has a new version too! exciting!

I also saw that Thrustmaster made a warthog HOTAS!! cool!

Any way, I'd like to get back into flying again. I don't know how much has changed but I'd like to make sure that doing the install correctly too, the ol'e falcon dance! HA!

Good to see the Tigers are still at it,and I see a lot of familiar faces on the furoms too!!

Bond

showboat

Re: Whats up Tigers!

Post by showboat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Bond,

There isn't much of a dance anymore like it use to be. You will have to have an installed version of Falcon 4 on the PC, can't be just a DVD in the player. Just download the latest BMS an install. Come on Team Speak and we can help you.

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Holy Crap Bond,

Long, Long time no see.

yes we are still here, going on 15 +years or so. The new BMS allows for all kinds of goodies, like the Thrustmaster MFD consoles and cockpit extractions. First thing is pm or email any of us for the TS password. Great to see ya back.

Laser
Site Admin

Post by Laser » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Welcome Back Bond.. Certainly long time no see... :cheesygrin:

I sent you a PM through the Forum Messaging Service with our TS Address and PW...

Hope to see you soon.

And Lurch the 16th formed in july of 1998 (Falcon 4.0 Released in November of 1998).. We've been around for 18 years...
Man i feel old!!

Silver_Hawk

Post by Silver_Hawk » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:01 am

Hey Bond! I just got back myself. Look like the gang is coming back!

Bond

Post by Bond » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Spent the afternoon attempting to get my cougar up and running. Seems to be working except the micro stick for the radar cursors. I'm using the jagstangs bms profile to get me started. Is there a common startup mistake that makes the microstick not work at all or correctly?

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:19 am

Some of us have been going strictly Direct X Programming using the Kolbe Key file and Excel Key generator and then set the microstick and other things in the UI Setup. Works for all types of equipment. Then there is no HOTAS profile to load. The Kolbe key file comes with BMS. Not sure if that will solve your problem.

Bond

Post by Bond » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:28 pm

That's for the reply lurch,

I went to a boring house party with wife and friends last night and ended up doing research on the net from my phone and found the problem. Inside falcon, under axis control, I had to change the x and y axis in the avionics tab to toe brakes and it fixed it, weird, must be a bug or whatever. But it worked.

Im knocking some dust off, spend about a hour trying to get mavricks to work in game, ended up I forgot to uncage. Ha!!

It's also a little different process then I remember from years ago, boresighting each hard point , and only having a hour or 30 mins of up time. Cool but new to me.
Last edited by Bond on Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

16thScooter

Post by 16thScooter » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:57 pm

Awesome!!!!

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Yeah, about the Mavericks, changed completely and there is no more firing off 4-6 at a time on one pass. Some of us still can't get more than a couple to hit something.